Halloween has been called “the maker’s holiday”, with so many fun things to create like decorations, costumes, and props, how can we resist firing up our printers. Personally, I’m a Halloween nut with the spooky aesthetic that comes along with the season being right up my alley. To my dismay we almost let the Halloween pass without a competition but at the last minute the team decided to run our first flash competition and I’m elated.
So, gals and ghouls, you have until the 26th of October to get your entries in. We are looking for anything Halloween related for this one, costumes, horror movie characters or other creepy models, Halloween decorations, pumpkins, anything else spooky! We know a lot of you have already gotten started with your Halloween models and have uploaded quite a few (looking at you Bugman_140) so all Halloween models uploaded in 2021 are eligible, you will just need to go back and mark them as being part of the competition.
Here are some examples from previous years.
Our first place winner will receive a brand new Original Prusa i3 MK3S+ Kit.
- Overall quality of the model.
- Printability – whether the model has an optimal orientation, whether it is divided into multiple parts so it can be printed more easily (without supports) etc.
- Originality – If you create something truly unique, it will be rated better than a slightly altered existing model.
- Popularity – Share your model to increase its popularity, prove that users appreciate such a model.
- Your other works – In case we can’t decide between two favorite designs, we often check your other models to see what you can do.
- Assembly instructions – if your model consists of multiple parts, we check how easy it is to assemble the final product.
How to participate?
It’s easy to participate in this competition. Just follow these simple instructions.
- Design and create a model or improve an already existing one (“remix”) so that the result fits the theme of this contest. The model has to be printable on an FFF/FDM or SLA 3D printer (any manufacturer and model). This also means that you don’t need to own a 3D printer in order to participate. When creating the model, keep in mind the pros and cons of various types of 3D printing technologies and what can and can’t be actually done.
- Upload the model to PrusaPrinters.org and make sure it contains:
- Model in .3MF or .STL file format (print files are optional)
- Photo or render of the model (ideally both)
- Model description
- Add the model to the contest. You will find the new competition button next to your name on the print’s page after you publish your print. Click the Compete medal and select the “Halloween 2021” contest. After that your print will be shown on the contest page and you will be in the running.
Of course, you can share your model on social networks (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Pinterest,…) and don’t forget to add the #PrusaPrinters hashtag. This can help increase the popularity of the model.
Terms and conditions
- The contest runs from October 15th, 2021 to October 26th, 2021.
- You can submit any number of models (unique) to the competition and increase your chances of winning.
- Models submitted to the contest must be new models that have been uploaded in 2021.
- The model must contain at least one printed part.
- By entering the contest, you agree to keep your model posted to PrusaPrinters for a minimum of one year.
- You must be the original creator of the model you upload, please no reposting other people’s models from other sites.
- We reserve the right to terminate the competition or change the conditions of the competition at any time. In case of violation of the terms and conditions or an attempted fraud, the competitor will be disqualified.