The first option we have for you doesn’t require any additional software. It is a fast and easy way to convert your SVG to STL files online. You just need an SVG file and a web browser. The procedure is pretty straightforward. Just follow these steps and you will have your SVG file to a 3D printable STL in no time.
Step 1: Go to SVG2STL.com
- Open your favorite internet browser and go to svg2stl.com.
Step 2: Upload Your SVG
- Click the “Select” button on the left-hand side of the main page and choose your SVG file. You are going to see a full file path in the next line.
- Click the “Upload” button and wait while your file is being uploaded.
If everything is in order, you will see a preview of your file.
Step 3: Convert to STL
Now it’s time to extrude your 2D drawing to a 3D object. Enter the height, in millimeters, in the proper text box.
- Click the “Convert” button and wait while your file is converted to a 3D object. This can take a while if you have a big and complex file.
- Check if you get what you expected. Left-click and drag to rotate your newly created 3D object. By right-clicking and dragging, you can pan the object. Scroll to zoom in and out. If you want to go back to the first view press F5.
If you’re on a mobile device, touch, and drag to rotate. Touch with two fingers and drag to pan and pinch to zoom.
Step 4: Download Your STL
- Click “Download” and wait while the browser downloads your new STL file. Load your STL file into a slicer and 3D print it!
There you go. Nice and easy.